Monday, December 8, 2008

Hitman Highjacks

Well, my husband Tim & I watched the movie Hitman last night. If you have ever watched it, then you must know that all the interesting scenes of his childhood are straight out of Dark Angel.

I didn't have a lot of hope for the movie, but we wanted a little bang-bang shoot-'em-up action movie with some good old fashion arterial spray. When the movie started and we saw the scenes straight out of Dark Angel, all of them staring "young Max" or "X5-452" I got excited and sat up a little straighter. Was "Hitman" going to be a movie about an off shoot of Manticore? Awesome! But sadly, no. Instead "Hitman" highjacked Dark Angel's backstory, stealing (all right I'm sure they purchased the footage legally, but still) from an A-class TV show that never got a chance to mature properly.

So there we sat for the rest of the night watching a movie that was little more than OK. It was a hell of a lot better than the psycho trailers they showed, but it never lived up to its potential. My lasting impression of the movie? What a cool tattoo the Russian whore had on her face. I thought the dragon was very sinuous and sexy. Maybe I'll have to start looking into getting something like that inked on my ass! The best part of "Hitman" was....hmmm. If I think of it, I'll let you know.

 

No comments: