Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Before Rap, Free Stylin' it on Life On Mars

"Life on Mars" may owe me a new pair of pants. The best episode so far, has got to be "Things to Do in New York When You Think You're Dead" (#105, original air date 11/06/08).

I mean what could possibly be better than Sam rapping "Ice, Ice Baby," while being tied up in the BLA (Black Liberation Army) headquarters while waiting to find out if they will put a bullet in his head or allow him to do his job. All I have to say, is thank the gods for DVR/Tivo's so I could rewind and play that over and over again until I made myself sick with laughing.

You have to love a show that doesn't take its self too serious.

And aside from the joy of almost wetting myself from laughing so hard, there is a good glimpse into what is really going on in Sam's 1973 life at the 125th. If you haven't taken a look at this series yet, catch up online first and then go for the plunge. It is a fun look back at '73 through the eyes of a 21st century man who grew up during that time, but probably didn't notice much of what was happening around him. Now he has a chance to see what he missed as a child and make to a difference.

No comments: